Zennie62 on YouTube

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Jerry Porter, I Don't Care Who You Are, The Raiders Are A TEAM

Thank you Raiders Head Coach Art Shell. Thank you for bringing things just a touch back into focus. Thank you for returning to the sideline and showing some of these players that not every schmuck who's made a mint in the NFL thinks they write their own rules.

Jerry Porter is a talented wide receiver. He's big. He's fast. He has everything it takes to be star. But, he has never had 1000 yards receiving. He whined that Jon Gruden didn't give him a chance to shine and then merely flickered when Callahan and the Turner tried to ignite him. And now he wants a trade because has to work out with his stinking teammates. Well cry me a salty sweaty stinking river.

Art Shell and receivers coach Fred Belitnikof (ever heard of those guys? Yeah, me too) put their foot down. They told Porter that he could work out in the Raiders off season conditioning program. You know why? Because he's a starting wide receiver for the Oakland Raiders. You know, that team that pays a lot of money to work out everyday and play football? Everyone else on that team is buying in. They love the game, they love the tough love Shell has for the game. They know that if they want to win, following Shell leads to wins. If they love football, they don't need Shell to tell them that chemistry with your teammates starts off the field. It happens in the weight room. It happens on the practice fields when practice is over or hasn't begun.

Porter needs to get his priorities straight. He has the whole off season to chill in Florida. I'm curious, what would happen if I were to walk in to the office and tell my boss that I feel like I deserve to work from home even though all the other guys don't. I'd especially be curious as to her reaction if I said something like that after underperforming for four straight years.

Jerry Porter is up for grabs. The Raiders have set the price at two first round draft picks. They have also moved Doug Gabriel up the depth chart. The high price though, tells me they aren't really wanting to lose Porter. Not a team in the league is going to give up one number one for Porter let alone two of them. I just hope he comes to his senses.

0 comments:

Visit the new Zennie62.com

Zennie62 blog net

 
Google Analytics Alternative