Zennie62 on YouTube

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

2006 NFL Draft - Sights And Sounds Before The Start Of The Draft

I took my camcorder on a kind of tour around the main theater of Radio City Music Hall just before the start of the NFL Draft. It was kind of like the crew of the Starship Enterprise preparing the big vessel before it leaves drydock. A cool scene.

During my rounds I reconnected with Todd Barnes, who, with Jerry Andersen formed the plans for the use of the Oakland / Alameda County Coliseum for the 2005 Super Bowl in1999-2000. He's a very nice person, who's landed well as the architect for the NFL. The segment where I almost ran into him wasn't fake -- it really happened.

I also feature Bill Chachkes, who as you know if you regularly read this has attended more NFL drafts than perhaps all but a handful of people in the room. I also catch ESPN's Mike Golic, who at the 2005 NFL Draft was tossing his cookies to the audience. No kidding. (He later told me that security really got on him for that, so he didn't do it this time.)

I also met Jerry Davis, Al Davis brother, whom I refered to earlier. You can see how much he's really like the man who runs the Oakland Raiders.

You also see both ESPN's crew and the NFL Network's hosts getting ready to go into action.

Along the tour one can gain a keen idea of the complexity of this massive production.

Here's the video:

0 comments:

Visit the new Zennie62.com

Zennie62 blog net

 
Google Analytics Alternative