Zennie62 on YouTube

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Houston Texans' Mario Williams Meets The Press

The suspense of whom the Houston Texans would pick first in the first round removed, the NFL and the Texans introduced Mario "Let's Go" Williams to the media in a jammed packed press conference in the lower level of Radio City Music Hall. Between his family members, friends, press, NFL people, and assorted-who-knows-what with a badge, it was crazy and made it a little hard to hear.

But that didn't stop me. It certainly didn't phase the very happy new defensive lineman for the Houston Texans.

"I'm speechless," said the 6'7" inch clean cut player thought by some -- including himself -- to be the next Julious Peppers, a standouit defensive lineman who's made a name for himself with the Carolina Panthers. "It's hard to explain. It's a dream come true (to be selected as the first pick in the draft) It's a dream I always had and now to be a part of it especially with the Texans."

When asked at what point he knew he was going to be the number one pick, Williams informed "You know, I really found out last night. During the day, yesterday, I got a call from my agent and he was just like, you know, we need to talk and things like that. He finally told me 'You're going to be the guy."

Williams is friends with the person everyone thought was gong to be the number one pick, Reggie Bush. "We're still god friends and that's just how it goes. Can't really do anything about it and I'm not going to try and rub it in anybody's face. I don't have an ego. I'm just so proud to be a Texan."

After Williams was done, he moved away from the podium and walked -- with a crowd of media followers -- down to the photo interview room.

Oh, I forgot to mention that because Mario Williams was the number one pick Campbells will donate 1,000 cans of Campbells Chunk Soup to the schools of Houston.

I'm not kidding.

While Williams was talking in the back, Texans owner Bob McNair took his place at the podium. That talk's next.

0 comments:

Visit the new Zennie62.com

Zennie62 blog net

 
Google Analytics Alternative